- I was so proud of all of my students! They did fabulous and had their songs memorized and ready to go. They were all dressed up, poised, and remembered everything we went over in terms of waiting, bowing, and following the order of the program.
- It was a perfect venue--the Swigarts home.
- The most stressful thing about it all was getting my song ready and making 1000 treats. I made all of their favorites from Master Classes. Peanut Butter Bars, Chocolate covered strawberries, "whole notes," brownies... most said their favorite part about the recital was the food. Plus, parents all brought something so it really was a smorgaborg of deliciousness.
- I made it through my 10 page song and my students kept telling me how wonderful it was. Yay.
- Also, they were all so loving! Giving me hugs after hugs. Caroline brought me a huge boquet of flowers. All wanted their pic with me. I felt like a celebrity.
- Teaching here has been so rewarding and I couldn't have asked for better students.
- I made them all bags for their books. It took forever, but it was worth it.
Saturday, June 15, 2013
Piano Recital 2013
Posted by Kate-Evans at 12:17 PM