"Either write something worth doing or do something worth writing."
-Benjamin Franklin

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Girl's Camp Adventures


  • Went to Girls Camp. Learned so much about myself through others, the girls and the leaders. Made some very close friends, including with the girls. Had lots of firsts which included:
    • Tried to kill black widows in my girls tents complete with egg sacks.
    • Cooked on a propane stove in the wilderness.
    • Cooked dutch oven.
    • Saw first case of heat stroke and had to send her to the hospital. :(
    • First overall experience as a leader at camp!
    • First camping in an A-frame
 Making our journals and having unity time



Annie's Peach Cobbler, yum.
Paige and Brooke 















  • I really loved it and felt blessed that I could go. I'll add pictures later. I really felt the spirit up there, missed Cami a ton, but it was also very important time for me to reflect on the fact that I am  happiest when I get to be with her during the day and not working full-time. It is a blessing that I get to do that. 
  • Coming back and seeing C girl was an absolute joy. She hugged me non-stop all day and we just loved on each other. I missed her so much, she is saying so many words and is so big! She said "Grandma", "No" when I asked if she wanted to go to naptime, and "thank you, please, more" sign language. So polite. She understands, puts her books back when I ask, and is just the most entertaining baby in the word.
  • Went shopping for my bday with T and C. Bought way too many clothes. It was the first in 6 months and very exciting for me to get stuff and not feel guilty about it because it was birthday money! T and C were champs as I hauled them around for 3 hours straight. 
  • The cat even missed me and I missed her stinky self.
  • We are leaving for the lake on Wed. I hope that everything gets done, we have a lot to do to get ready, including closing up Girls Camp which I feel like I literally prepared months for and now it's over!
  • Came home after camp to a clean room, my dining room painted the pretty red I wanted, and balloons and treats for me. Tanner sure knew how to spoil me! He always makes sure birthdays are special, I really love it. 
  • We have both been taking naps off and on all weekend, I think we are just straight up exhausted from our crazy schedules last week. Here's to a relaxing week at the lake I hope!
  • I know God answers my prayers. He just does. I really don't understand how he knows me and puts feelings of peace and inspiration into me, but He really does.
  • I learned some important lessons about some of my weaknesses this week at camp as I reflected on who I am and how I can improve. I hope to be better and hone in on what needs to change with me. 
  • I miss my mission. I just do. It was the best time of service and love and Christ that I think I'll ever have. Hearing all of the changes in the missionary program for the church makes me slightly jealous that I'm not in the thick of it, but I am excited to get Sister missionaries in my ward and go out with them. I hope to rekindle that huge fire I once had as a missionary.
  • I came home from camp and was just overwhelmed by love. Love for my family, extended and little immediate one. Love for the Lord and how much He blesses me. Sometimes I get confused about my blessings and forget because I'll focus on the negative in my life. But then Satan wins. I hope to focus on the positive by keeping this little "blog journal." If you read it, you read it, and maybe it will help you remember your own. I love the quote by President Hinckley about things working out. I cherished it in the Spanish language, and need to read it in my native language daily to remember that the Lord is with me and I should rely on Him through prayer and pondering. 
"Things work out. It isn't as bad as sometimes you think it is. It all works out, don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It will all work out, if you do your best, it will all work out. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. If we put our trust in Him, if we pray to Him, if we live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers."