"Either write something worth doing or do something worth writing."
-Benjamin Franklin

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Mom and Dad Parkinson Visit

Well lots of updates around here!

We had Tanner's parents come out to visit for 3 days. It was a lot of fun for them to see our place and get to know Cami better! I want her to be close to both sets of Grandparents, and it was her first time saying "Papa" and "Grandma" and really recognizing who they were.













We ate lots of vegetarian meals for them, which were actually delicious! Seriously, if I had the unlimited amount of money to cook fresh veggies all of the time, I might considering going 80/20 with the meat. Right now I'm probably 60/40.

Black Bean Taquitos
http://budget-bites.blogspot.com/2011/07/black-bean-taquitos.html This was one of my favorites. Email me if you want the others. 

We hung out Friday night and then they slept at my parents. Saturday they came over while I taught piano and then we went to Manassas Battlefields.

It is beautiful, sacred, serene there, I must have forgotten. One too many field trips had me jaded I suppose. Call it Manasty all you want. I.love.it.












































We enjoyed my favorite TONY's PIZZA and then went back to the old stone bridge to see the sunset. Lovely.

Topped it off with Dairy Queen ice cream. Cami ate her first cone and didn't sleep till like 10 pm. Not happening again anytime soon.

Sunday we lounged around and ate lots of good food and then went to church. Afterwards we ate some more and my parents came over and we played games.

Monday we had an adventurous morning seeing Tanner's work place and then they were off to the airport! It was a brief trip, but intermingled with lots of interesting and uplifting conversation. They are both such good people with big hearts. I always want to be better after I am around them.